Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Accident

It was about May 2009, when I should of actually listened to my mother. I decided to go to my boyfriends house. While I was at Mikes, we were just chilling in his room watching TV until his parents were ready to go out to eat, we went to our close by restaurant and got back around 7 or so. I ended up staying later till around 10pm when my mom simply told me that I had to be home by 9pm because I had to work the next day. Anyways after Mike and I got done watching one of his movies, it was about the time I should go home. 


Around 10pm, I left Mikes and headed on home. Now the roads I travel on back at home are kind of dangerous I think. The road Mike lives on are very hilly and the woods and tall grass pretty much comes right up to edge of the road. I was obviously hour late from what my mom told me, so I put my lead foot down a bit speeding it up to about 65, which I shouldn’t have done. As I was coming down one of the hills, and right at the bottom at the last minute… Bang! A dumb deer decides to step out of the woods onto the road as I drive right past the spot at the same time.  But catch this. Because I was going fast, I hit the deer on my right side of my car making me swerve a bit ending up in a complete 180, as if I was heading back to my boyfriends house. When I hit the deer, it flew back smashing my passenger window, which the glass flew into side of my face leaving couple of scratches and the deer some how ended up about 20 yards in to the ditch about 30 yards away from where my car ended up.  From hitting the deer so hard, the guts were ripped open splattered all over side of my car, and it pushed back everything such as the moving the radar back a bit to point it was not able to drive. I also was a good enough driver to keep it on the road. I came out with couple of scratches and bruises but I was fine overall.


When it was all over in ten seconds, I called Mike first to come by me asap because I was so scared and shocked. Once Mike came I had him call my parents and when they got here we called the cops. And the first thing the cop said, “ Wow, I’m surprise its not in the ditch… and you're alive.” I was like WHAT, your surprise I am alive- what the hell. They said, from how I hit the deer and how fast I was going, they expected it to be in the ditch, and if I ended up in the ditch I would have been dead because there is a lot of rocks and a old fence that a fence post would of possibly of stabbed through the driver window into my head killing me. And I was like “Wow that’s some bullshit… obviously it didn't happen so can we focus on this right now.” I was so mad. But we took Mikes truck and pulled it to his house since it was right down the road and left it there overnight. The one thing that really pissed me off was when the cop asked if I was under the influence and I of course said, “Hell No,” and went form there. And now I have a curse on me every time I drive on that road because every time I go to Mikes house, there has been a deer in the very spot I had my accident. And the reason why I should of listened to my mom was if I would of left at 9 like I was suppose to it would of never happened…according  to my mother.

2 comments:

  1. Wow scary stuff, I have no clue what I would have done in this situation, Ive never been in an accident and I dont plan on being in one anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mothers are very wise Brittany!! lol!! I have to say that because I am one. I am glad you are okay, that could have ended much differently! I don't think it was very cool of the cop to give you a graphic description of how you "could" have met your fate. I guess he was just trying to scare you enough so next time you would slow down a little. Sounds like your boyfriend and parents are pretty supportive. You are a very luck little lady!

    ReplyDelete