Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Let it Snow!

Winter is on the way...


Winter is good and bad, beautiful and ugly and can make u happy or very mad, as we say pissed off! I hate the winter because of the cold and many other reasons. I like winter because of Christmas and sledding. But one thing about winter is the driving on these crazy roads with people that just don’t have common since on how to drive on slushy or icy roads and that is what gets me very mad.


I can’t preach about driving because first of all, I have never drove on these roads here in La Crosse so this winter will be my first, but I sure did drive on roads back home that roads were never plowed on and can be very icy and that takes skill. Yes, I have been in accidents before but accidents that someone else caused, gotten myself into the ditch, but the accidents here are by the way people drive because they don’t know when to slow down but instead last minute put the breaks down and then rear- end someone. I’m just saying in general that most people don’t know how to drive on slippery roads because their in such a "hurry", but I know there are many people who do know how to take caution on snowy roads. Its just ridiculous how people can drive so senseless and not care about their surrounding and everyone else around them.


At home, on the road I live on, the road was never plowed in the mornings and sometimes I was able to drive through it and sometime I had to be late for school because I had to wait till the plow would go through. I remember one morning, I turned on the TV hoping school would be canceled, which I did every morning,  but that morning there was at least about 15 inches of snow or more and I knew that I couldn’t get out.Though school was not cancelled, it was about the time to head to school, I was lucky to drive out my driveway seeing that the fact it toke me about five chances, struggling to get onto the road. But this snow was the heavy packed snow, good for snowballs kind of snow and when I got to the stop sign at the end of my road, I was stuck because I was kind of was pushing the snow in front of me and when I stopped I couldn’t move forward because of all the snow that was piled up. 


While I was stuck this one car was coming down the hill behind me and obviously wasn’t paying attention and crashed into the back of me pushing me across the road into the ditch so now I was definitely stuck. I had a Dodge Eagle for a car at the time and it’s the lightest car that you would ever drive which I got into some accidents because the back end would always fish tail no matter who was driving. But anyways, I eventually got the car out of the driveway and started all over again the next day because the car wasn’t damaged. But I learned my lesson that next time I will not drive if I can’t get out of the driveway.


My point is its either nature or the people are those who cause many accidents and I’m saying please try to be careful while driving on snowy or icy roads especially on these busy roads, if one gets into one accident then there is guaranteed that another will get into one. And if you are running late for work or something important don’t try to drive fast, take your time because everyone understand its winter time and that the roads won’t be the greatest to drive on. Its better to show up late rather then get into an accident and pay a whole months pay check to pay for the accident you got into. 


Let it snow!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow scary story, and yes you have to be extra careful when driving in the snow, I love having my suberban to drive in the winter, it makes me feel extra safe, and the four wheel drive comes in handy alot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee!! I love sledding. My son is old enough this year to go down the big hills, I am so looking forward to it!! I am always terrified of drivers in the winter. People can be such morons when they are in a hurry!! I drive like a grandma when the weather is nasty; very close to the steering wheel and very, very slow! I am not trying to get in to an accident. Like you said they are expensive and not very fun! Let it snow!!

    ReplyDelete