Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Expect Great Things!

            On November 8, 2010, I called Kohl’s for a job application, and lucky me, I got hold of someone. First they asked me a few questions and later I had an interview that night. I was surprised. I was suppose to apply online but something was wrong and I called about it, one of the associates said let’s wait couple days and see if it does come in. And when I called on November 8, they said they didn’t receive anything so I was given the opportunity to come that night for a group interview.

            Shock as I was, I got an interview within one hour. It was very interesting, I never was in a group interview before so this was defiantly my first. Still, I was nervous but as the meeting went on, it was actually pretty cool. At least it wasn’t all eyes on you, it was nice to hear what other people had to say and what reason why other people applied for this job.  First we all had to introduce ourselves: our name, where were from, likes or hobbies, something very interesting and from our previous job—what would we change if we had the chance to. As a group, we were to answer many questions they had asked us, but the trick was we had to answer it differently, and to them that showed them how fast we were thinking on our feet. Along with many other questions, we had to answer why we like Kohl’s and where we prefer to work in, I said “Well, first I shop there all the time, and I like the junior Kohl’s clothes, so I probably prefer to work in the juniors department or as POS,” (Point of Sale, which is working at the cash registers). After everyone answered their questions and was an hour later, we all were finished with our interview. They told us that we would receive a phone call the next day to come in for orientation, and happy I was, I received that phone call.

            On November 9, 2010, I went back to Kohl’s for my orientation I had to attend, which this took about three hours. We had to watch a movie of what Kohl’s been about and how it became Kohl’s. Did u know that Kohl’s used to be a grocery store? Later, it became a grocery store along with selling some outdoor stuff such as lawnmowers, and then after so many years later, Kohl’s is what we have now. There are now 1,058 Kohl’s in the United States located in 48 different states. In 1988 was when Wisconsin had their first Kohl’s. How would I ever known this if I hadn’t seen this video, I was surprised that Kohl’s was first a grocery store, I would of never thought of that. I would have to say that the video was very interesting.

After we were done with our orientations, we were to sign up for our training days, and that took 4 days to do so. Most of it was on the computer, but there were also some hands on activities too, and that helped to get around the store to know where everything is, what to do, and how to use many of the things Kohl’s use in the store. One day was especially spent on the registers to know what buttons to use and what this and that mean and so on. I still ask questions, because I’m not sure what button to use, but I do know most of it… I think! Ha!

                        Lucky as I was to get this job, I was hired as a seasonal associate, but we do have the chance to work part- time year round, which is decided through the boss who they want to keep. I hope I still get to work at Kohl’s, because I believe Kohl’s is one of the best customer services stores around here. As an associate, we put our customers first and I love the reactions I get back after helping them, especially the kind, older women, they defiantly appreciate your help. If I don’t get the year- round- part- time job from Kohl’s, I can say it was a great experience. At Kohl’s, we expect great things!


1 comment:

  1. Wow Brittany, sounds like you are already a regular employee they can be proud of! Congrats on the job and best of luck with the year round employment. I am sure you will impress!

    ReplyDelete