Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Merry Christmas


          Christmas is one of my favorite holidays of the year. Getting presents and making Christmas cookies, picking out a tree and putting on decorations, though we have to have a fake tree because my sister is allergic to real Christmas tree, and many other festivities. But most of all, I’m going to love when the family gets together to have some fun and see what we got from underneath the tree.

          Every year, I celebrate Christmas Eve with my family. We have a nice supper that my lovely mom makes and when were ready to go, we go to church at 7 o’clock for our Christmas mass. The cool part is when we get back, we can only open one present that has been under the tree already. It was always fun to do so, because you have no idea what it is and you can only open one which can be very hard because you want to keep opening presents. Then when that’s over my grandma sometimes comes over and we play games, either its dominos or some other card game we enjoy to play. Normally we stay up till 10ish and then we go to bed with our tummies full of yummy cut- out cookies and peanut butter bom- boms (which are peanut butter balls covered with chocolate).  

          By the time I wake up, it’s already like 9 in the morning waiting for our parents. My sister and my brother and I are sitting in the living room snooping around the Christmas tree seeing how many presents we have and trying to figure out what it could be. After awhile we sometimes go into our parent’s room and jump on the bed to wake them up because we want to open our present by then already. Now that we woke them up, we have to wait for them to get ready, jeez how much longer we have to wait. Now it’s about eleven thirty or noon and we finally get to open our presents. We take pictures and take turns opening them so everyone knows what everyone got. After this, I get ready for to go to my grandmas. My grandma’s party is always on Christmas. We eat at 1 or when everyone gets there, we have ham, mashed potatoes, corn and dinner rolls, pies and other deserts, everything you possibly think of for a Christmas dinner. Then at 5 or so, we open some more presents which is where we all cramp into the living room. My grandma and grandpa had nine kids, which now those kids are all married and have kids too which brings some of those kids having kids too—point is, that’s a lot of people. While sitting in the hot living room, everyone received their presents, it’s time for some games. There are about three tables that are playing three different games, with a huge group of people playing. Sometimes people switch throughout playing, but we have blast.

          When the day is over and can’t eat no more, it’s about that time we all go home. With an eventful day like my family has, I get excited every year. But I know that this will be my third year going to three different Christmas parties; My grandmas, My boyfriends, and his grandmas and I always feel like my stomach is going to blow because there always in one weekend. Christmas is next week Saturday and I wish you all a Merry Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment